Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

Mother's Day. My last one at home. Crazy to think I'll be 5,000 miles away in Sweden for the next one. In 365 days, my cute face will pop up on a computer screen with my mother on the receiving end and we'll talk for about an hour. That's insane. I'm going to miss her so dang much.

So what did I do on my last Mother's Day as a youth?

I TURNED IT INTO MOTHER'S DAY WEEK. Instead of just celebrating it on one day, I decided to celebrate it every day this week by giving my Mom a gift every day. It goes as following...

Monday: A necklace with two clocks, one in Swedish time, the other in Utah time.
Tuesday: An African Daisy growing kit.
Wednesday: A pillow case that says I <3 My Missionary
Thursday: A book called "100 Great Scripture Verses For Women"
Friday: A keychain that says I <3 My Missionary
Saturday: A framed picture of me.
Sunday: A bracelet ordered online from Sweden

It was a cool idea. I made her cry a couple of times. I really do love her so so so much. She is my best friend in the entire world. She always believes in me. Always.

I also want to wish my future wife a Happy Mother's Day. She is somewhere today honoring her mom, but soon she will be a future mother. She is going to be great. She is going to be perfect. I am already so grateful for her, even though I don't know her yet. We are going to be the best parents. She is going to be the world's greatest mom.

I love you Mom and future-wife! Happy Mother's Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment